Saturday, January 11, 2014

Potty Training…

I'm sure it's the dreaded two words of any parent. Here, we have quite a few toddlers who are at the age to be potty trained. Yesterday, there were three aunties who were working in toddlers so it was the day to start the journey to wringing the pot and praising the wringer. Here is how it all began.

I woke up yesterday morning with hearing Auntie Mary saying over and over and over like a broken record, "You must wee wee in the potty, you must caca in the potty." So, being curious, I made some cereal and walked outside. I saw little heads peeking out over the bushes with the look of puppies in the pet shop windows. I walked up the stairs to see the most hysterical site. SIX, toddlers all sitting on tiny little potties outside on the patio. Lined up like dominos and with the faces of Droopy. I pulled up a chair, sat in front of them eating my cereal and laughed. 

Since there are only five potties for the toddlers to sit in, one of our sweet little angels had to sit in a toy truck. I'm sure that toy had seen its days of dumping dirt and other objects, now to be demoted to being dumped in. They sat outside almost all day. They ate their lunch and dinner on the potty. They drank their milk on the potty. They had their snack on the potty. When they did wee wee on the plastic bowl type thrones, the aunties made a big deal about it and rewarded them. The rewards were a sticker or a cookie. Honestly, I would have rewarded them with prunes because by this time there was no cacaing yet. 

After a long time sitting on the kiddie jons, the aunties decided they might need time to play outside. I'm glad they came to that conclusion. The toddlers had begun to have permanent rings indented into their bums. One of the more mischievous toddlers was very excited to get off the potty. He jumped up, ran to get his pants on and walked down the stairs into his temporary freedom. As soon as he reached the grass, he peed in his pants. I have never laughed so hard. He was the one who had been sitting there since breakfast, and it was lunch time and he peed after 10 seconds of coming off the potty. 

I wanted to count how many times I heard Auntie Mary say"You must wee wee in the potty you must poo poo in the potty. You must NOT wee wee in your pants, you must NOT caca in your pants." I decided there isn't a number high enough. SO…look out toilets and unused nappies because these toddlers mean business. Well, almost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment