Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Can you believe...

Can you believe I’ve been here for a little over a month? Me either. The time is already flying by. Since I’ve been here we have had three adoptions, started a new job, taken babies to the hospital, had two driving lessons, went to a woman’s luncheon, gone to three bible studies, went to a place called Bounce that is nothing but a room full of trampolines, visited the Door of Hope Village, made new friends, built on old friendships and settled in fast and easy. So the month of February has been busy and exciting.

I’ve learned that being uncomfortable is a good place for the Lord to stretch me. Being away from home gets me out of my comfort zone and have to put myself out there to meet new people and create a new life. I know I’ve said it many times but I will say it again, guys, I’m living the dream. I am serving in the area the Lord wants me and can use me. I know He is growing and stretching me as I am sometimes out of my comfort zone, yet when that happens I’ve learned to get excited instead of nervous.

I had the opportunity to share about Door of Hope and my heart for it at two school assemblies. The first one was a high school and the second a middle school. Of course they pay attention because I have an accent. Anytime we hear someone from overseas speak, we listen carefully not to miss anything, plus it’s also interesting and different.

I work at Baby House 3 in the office. I am being trained by Marcelle who had the position before me and learning a lot. I’m not only learning about my job but also more about Jesus, as she is a very wise, patient, lovely lady who always pushes me to Jesus. My days consist of answering the phone, emails, taking notes, eating lunch with the toddlers and currently learning new things and how to do my job more effectively. 

Jesus has continuously paved the way and even in the bumps, He’s taught me humility. I yearn to grow and be stretched so that I can become more like Him. Seeking Him in the darkness when I’m clueless of what’s going on or how to handle a situation. Leaning into Him when times of loneliness or unworthiness come. Praising Him when He teaches me new things or I finally understand something. Thankful for Him and how He has been so patient with me.


I hope to keep you updated as much as possible. Thank you for trekking with me along this journey and being so supportive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment