Tuesday, March 8, 2016

New Season...

I arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa on Friday February 5th. Since then I have jumped head first into life here. As most of you know, this is where I consider home as well. I have been given the opportunity to help Door of Hope in lots of areas. It’s amazing to me to see how the Lord's hand has been in and through everything leading up to where I am now. Let's go back in time and remember where I was a few months ago.

I started praying about returning to Africa in March of 2015. I asked a core group of intercessors to pray with me. We prayed that the Lord would clearly speak to me if this was His plan and not just my own. I got a lot of confirmation that month. That spring boarded me into FUGE camps for my fifth and last summer working with them. When I returned from camp I started in October fundraising and started off well. There were a few bumps along the way of fundraising but I knew the Lord would finish what He started and even if I did not receive the full amount needed, I am trusting He will provide for however long I am here.

In January, Hannah and I planned our trip to Washington, D.C. It was my first time in our nation’s capital. I was more nervous going there than I ever have been going to another country. Have you seen all the political movies of things being blown up there? Yeah, not where I wanted to go even though I know it's not real. We rode a Megabus 15 hours to Washington, D.C. overnight. We arrived around 10:30 and we needed to ride the Metro and walk a few blocks to get to the Embassy by closing time which was 12:30. Long story short, we made it. We made it to the Embassy in time, we got an FBI background check (which takes up to 6 weeks or longer) done in one day and emailed to us the next day. It was the most I've ever been stretched in my life. I was completely out of my comfort zone the whole way there and the entire time I was there. It was emotionally, physically and spiritually draining. I was pooped. But guys, I'm here to tell you that pushing through hard things and running the race even when you're completely spent is worth it. Worth it. You hear me? WORTH IT. 

After returning from D.C. Hannah and I waited for our visas. We anticipated the length of time they would give us. We were praying for at least a year. Jesus gave us two. I've learned that when it's His will, He sometimes exceeds your expectations and wows you in the biggest way possible. He wowed us. 

Since I arrived the beginning of February, I've had the greatest welcoming anyone could receive.

I can't begin to tell you what it feels like to be doing what the Lord has called me to do. I've known for a very long time this is exactly what the Lord wants me to do. Not only to do what we are called to do as Christians, but as an individual, what I'm doing in the very place I'm doing it is the best thing I’ve ever been a part of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment