Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New Beginnings…

A few weeks ago we received a young lady from China to volunteer at the Door of Hope. She came only knowing some things about Christianity. Usually you have to be a Christian to volunteer long term. It's part of the application. On her application she said she did not know God in a personal way. The leadership of Door of Hope prayed over her application and knew her coming was part of God's plan. So they allowed her to come and let the Lord lead. 

She came to my room a couple of weeks ago asking lots of questions. I was secretly freaking out because I had been praying for her since I found out that she was not a believer. I knew God had a purpose for her being here and knew she would come to know Him personally before she left. I had NO doubt in this. I prayed when she came into my room out loud that He would be in the conversation as well as direct it. So we had great conversation and read scripture and prayed. When she left my room there was so much peace, joy and hope filling my heart and hers. She said she wanted to think about it and make sure about this major decision she knew she needed to make.

That's when I asked everyone to pray and pray hard. I wanted her to understand the importance in her decision, how she would be living a different life. How she would have to turn away from things and run to the Lord in everything. Everything. So with all of your prayers….

She came into my room tonight and said she wanted a relationship with God. I freaked out (in front of her) and started dancing. Yes, I danced and clapped my hands. In that moment I didn't know what else to do. She laughed (because she knows I'm a little crazy) and got excited as well. She said she left her dinner cooking and needed to go finish cooking it and eat and would be back soon to talk about everything. 

Jesus knew I needed those extra 15 minutes to prepare. I prayed, sang and did a little dancing. I asked for His wisdom, strength and words. Jesus was all up in here! She came back to find me tear stained and praising Jesus with All Sons and Daughters playing on iTunes. We read scripture, prayed and talked about life and Jesus. It was amazing. You and I have a new sister in Christ now (as of an hour ago). Jesus is SO STINKIN AMAZING and I can't stop praising Him. I told her to GO AND TELL THE WORLD! 

Thank You Jesus for this life You have given tonight and thank You for letting me be apart of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment