Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two Names…


Before we are born our parents think long and hard about what we are to be named. They might fuss about one or two names but finally come to an agreement on the name they think is perfect for the special little child they will have soon. 

The Door of Hope allows long term volunteers to name the babies that come to us without a name. Since I am considered a long term volunteer, I figured I would be able to give a name to a precious little one when my time came. 

I have a weird obsession with names. I've always enjoyed knowing the meanings of names. Example my name means worthy of love. BOOM. It was a very big deal in Jesus' time to have meaning in the names someone would choose for their baby. I also think it's very important. I have had a boy and girl name picked out for a while so I could be prepared to name a baby.

Today was the day. I was actually sending my mom a voice message on Voxer when Nadene, our baby house manager, came to my room and said she had a baby for me to name. I was so excited. When I got there and told her the name I wanted to give him (which is two names) she said he already had a middle name and so having three names and his last name would be too much. So I gave him the name that fit best with his middle name.

There was another baby boy who needed a name as well and since I was not able to name the first baby the double name I wanted to give him, Nadene gave him the second name I wanted to give the first baby. 

I got to name two precious baby boys. Talk about a highlight in my time here. Names are very important to me as well as their meanings. These names and meanings are perfect for these sweet babies that the Lord rescued. I'm so blessed that I was able to name these two angels. 

*For the safety of the baby I cannot tell you their names. Just that I got to name them. That's exciting in itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment