Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving…


So it's that time of year. The time where we give thanks for all that we have. Even though we should be doing it everyday. It's still nice to have one day designated for giving thanks and celebrate by being with family and friends. 

I am extremely thankful for the people who funded me coming here to South Africa. I knew after the first moment I arrived here on December 28, 2011 that I would be back for a longer period. I just didn't know when that would be, Jesus did. 

I want to say thank you for the people who are praying for me. I know that I am being prayed for because at times when I feel I can't go on, Jesus gives me the push I need to persevere. I know that's from people praying. It's been a humbling experience for me. Knowing the supporters I have back home cheering me on and giving the praise to God. Thank you. You know who you are.

I want to say thank you to my best friend and partner in crime, Krista Miller. You pushed me in the times where I wanted to give up and throw in the towel. Everyone needs a friend like you. Someone who prays fervently and passionately for them, a person who you can be yourself around and there is no judgement, a friend who you can talk to about anything and know that they will always be there for you. I know without you, I would not be here. Thank you for being the best friend Jesus intended for me. 

I want to give a special thanks to my beautiful parents. Momma and Daddy, if you had not been the most supportive, caring, loving, Jesus pointing parents, I would not be here where Jesus wants me. Growing up I knew my family was different. I knew I had two of the greatest parents I could have asked for. I just didn't thank the Lord enough because I took it for granted. Yes, I still do take it for granted (but not as much). Thanks Momma and Daddy for bringing me up in church so I could know Jesus at an early age. Thank you for making me feel prized, special, cherished and upheld in a way that I strive everyday to remain in. Most importantly thank you for your love. I know without a doubt that I have always been loved by the both of you. 

In saying all of this, take time to thank the Lord for all of His blessings. Thank Him for His death, burial and resurrection.  Thank Him for the sun, moon, stars, things in nature, your family, friends and finances. He deserves our thanks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment