Sunday, September 15, 2013

Small babies…

So I have to say, working in small babies is the most emotionally draining for me. Why, because in small babies is where we receive the babies right away who have been abandoned. They go straight from the hospital to small babies. The stories I hear and the things I see are enough to make a hard hearted person cry. It's so so sad to hear how these sweet little angels have been abandoned. It seems like every story I hear it only gets worse. I would share some stories with you but I am not allowed and its for a good reason. I see these babies come here that are so small their heads are the size of my fist. Some of them are 6 weeks old and still so tiny because of neglect. My heart aches for them. Then the Lord whispers to me "My Child, I have rescued them, I have saved them, I have rescued you and I have saved you." Wow, Jesus. Thank You for that reminder. 

It's also challenging working in small babies. I just want everyone to know working here is no walk in the park. (I am totally being funny and serious at the same time). In small babies you learn what a dummie is super fast. In English or American it means pacifier. (In my language it means a savior of the ears) And man I can never find one when a little infant is screaming there nappies off. It has been an eye opener for me because I've never taken care of an infant so small. The first infant I cared for back at home was probably 2 months old. Some of the babies we have are 6 days old. The first time I had to change a few day old baby I was scared I might break him. Geez it was hard just changing him because he was so tiny. They only allow long term volunteers to work with the small babies. I was so excited the first day I worked because my favorite Auntie works in small babies. Auntie Veronica. She is a fiery pistol. She means business when its about the babies but  she can crack a joke on you super fast. She is such an example of Christ to me. She shows those babies tough love. A love that they need to see and experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment