Monday, September 30, 2013

What the Lord is showing me…

I have learned new things and been re-taught old things since I have been here. Jesus shows me how much He loves me through these babies. He has rescued each and every child here and they are His children. In John 14:18 it says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." That verse jumps off the page to me and comes to life everyday. He has not abandoned these sweet babies. He has bigger and better plans for them than they could ever imagine. I believe that with all of my heart. Psalm 18:19 says "he rescued me because he delighted in me." Oh how He delights in His children. 

I also think about the moms who are in such a state of confusion, fear, anguish, weariness that they only have one alternative. Some moms may not have the financial resources to take care of themselves. Some may be scared to be a mom. Some may have been raped and don't want to deal with it for the rest of their lives. I am not saying I agree with these women, I am just trying to have a heart to understand where  these situations may be coming from. I look at these children who are all so beautiful and know the Lord has had His hand on them since they were born. They have come out of such darkness and yet the Lord invaded and now there is Light. 

I ask you to pray not only for the babies but also their moms. My best friend gave me a few cards to read while I stay here. One of the cards she gave me spoke volumes into my heart. So I am going to share a piece of it with you.

"Jesus is always pursuing us. Whatever mess the babies or mommys have been in or are in He wants them too. He wants to restore, renew and redeem them. To make their story a story of grace, not a story of bondage, mistakes or regret. It's hard to remember the mommys as you hold these faces but you are also holding part of them. Speak freedom over them. They need it." -Krista Miller

What a reminder to me as I pray over each and everyone of these babies the Lord has rescued. I ask that you pray the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment