Sunday, October 27, 2013

Change…


So this week I had to do something difficult that I haven't had to do since I've been here. I have been working in small babies since I am a long term volunteer. I've loved it so much. I've loved the aunties and the babies. 

Especially one little boy. Since I can not say his name I will call him baby B. He has captured my heart with a lasso and tugs at it quite often. I love his smile, expressions, our exercise time, even his cry. Everything about this sweet little 5 month old baby boy, I love. In small babies, when a baby is 4 months old they are moved up to big babies. Well, this week was the week. Baby B got moved up to big babies. I was so upset. I was the one who fed him, made sure his nappie (diaper) was always clean, I made sure he alway smelled good, I brush his hair and do exercises with him. I sing to him and dance to ridiculous songs while he blankly stares at me. I gathered his belonging (which isn't much, just a stuffed animal, his medical paper work and his chart) and I took the long walk down the hallway to the land of bigger babies, louder noises, and a different atmosphere. I walked in the living room and just sat down with him. I gave him a "talking to" and gave him to an auntie and walked away. I know he is still in the same house and I will visit him very often in big babies but small babies will not be the same without him. This sweet little guy has just touched my heart and I will miss him in small babies. 

God was showing me though this that change can be good. With baby B moving up he will be able to learn to sit, hold a rattle (which he already does because I taught him), play with the other babies, hold his own bottle, walk and eventually talk. There is more good in the change than there is bad. Jesus, calls us to be flexible. He calls us to be open to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment