Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Step away from the baby, Mister…


So today I was asked to go with two other aunties to the clinic. We had to take six babies. Yes, you did the math right. Three aunties and six babies means we had two babies a piece in the strollers. No we don't have two seated strollers either. We strap those babies in so tight that if someone took them they wouldn't know how to get them out of there. I had trouble myself. 

So the aunties laugh at me a lot around here. I'm sure they all think in the back of their heads "she's one crazy American." I left both of the aunties and told them they were walking too slow for me. They just yelled the directions to the clinic behind me. We passed by a primary school and its always so sweet to see all the boys and girls playing outside. It's also hilarious because as I was walking by today I saw a fight and a boy and girl kissing under the bleachers. (the things that I see…geez.) Plus as we were walking I saw the prettiest bird I've ever seen. Seriously, I know it's weird I'm talking about a bird but the thing was an iridescent color blue. Beautiful. 

So when we arrived at the clinic I sat with auntie Gladys as auntie Sarah went inside and waited in the cue. (remember my past blog about the waiting in the cue. It's like musical chairs without the music and without the fun.) So Sarah sat in line and we waited outside. There were movers there moving all the filling cabinets and desks and everything out. No idea why and no idea why they had to do it during the busiest part of the day. 

So finally I take two babies inside and Sarah takes two babies as well. We go in and I'm holding baby boy. This random man walks in the room and asks the doctor and nurse if they go to church and if they know Jesus. No one says anything and just looks at him like he is crazy. (I'm pretty sure he is by what I'm about to tell you next.) He sees the baby I am holding and starts talking to him. I kind of pull baby boy closer to me and back up. Then the man asks baby boy (like he can talk he is six weeks old) if he wants to see his bird. I'm like oh, goodness what in the world is about to happen. The man reaches up his shirt sleeve a pulls out A STINKIN BIRD! SERIOUSLY! This isn't like a cute bird from the pet store either. It's a brown ugly bird that looks like he had been up that mans sleeve for too long. I just pulled baby boy in closer thinking how am I going to explain baby boy leaving the clinic and come back with some kind of disease from a nasty bird. I still cannot believe that actually happened. 

I had to sit there and hold four babies one by one as they each got 3 shots to the thigh. WHY ME!!?? That's what I was asking. Every time I would say it's ok, it's not going to be that bad, it's only 3 shots, it won't be long. The nurse said "Yes, baby that's right it will be fine." I told that nurse "I'm not talking to the baby, I'm talking to myself! You think it's easy for me to sit and watch you poke a needle in this baby's thigh three times. That needle is so long I'm scared you're going to poke me with it as well." So after I had to endure 12 shots I was worn out. I'm pretty sure I was tensing up the whole time. 

We walked back to the baby house and the aunties asked if I was trying to go to the gym because I was walking so fast. Hey, might as well get your exercise while out and about pushing two babies in a stroller. So today was pretty hilarious to say the least. You never know what's going to happen when you go to the clinic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment