Friday, October 11, 2013

Convictions...


Convictions…

I'm not the best scripture quoter, I don't know all the stories in the Bible, I would probably fail if an atheist tried to debate me. Why is this? Why do I not memorize scripture? Why do I not know more about the Bible? Why would I not win a debate with an atheist. Why do I not have my priorities right?

Last Sunday I went to Riverside Community Church. I love it there. I don't know anyone other than the people who take me. Everyone says hello but don't really talk to me. I feel very forgotten, yet I still love going there. It's has a home like feel. It feels as if I belong there despite no one really talking to me or getting to know me. I thought about it and that's how I treat the Lord. I know I am loved yet I don't take time to get to know my Lover. I know He wants to know about my day (even though He already knows) yet I only talk to Him when I want to. He desires and deserves so much more than that. Being here I have realized how much time I have. 

On my days off I literally have all day long. To do whatever here at the house. Sometimes I set my hammock up and rest. Sometimes I take naps and watch movies. Sometimes I walk to the Glen to get groceries and sometimes I do my bible study and spend time with the Lord. Back in America I feel like I never have time to do anything. I am running around doing things just to stay busy. I can't just stay at home, I have to go here or there and do whatever. Since I've been here I have had so much time to hangout with the Lord. Actually open His Word and spend time with HIm. I've gotten to know Him so much more in the 6 weeks I've been here. He becomes more real to me everyday. I see His beauty in the basket weaving birds hanging on the tree limbs outside (real life, they really weave basket looking nests). I feel Him in this wonderful weather. I see Him when I look in the faces of these sweet babies I get to love on everyday. He is everywhere. He is everywhere I go because He is in me. 

I'm so lazy sometimes just the thought of how lazy I am makes me sick. Why do I not open my Bible more? Why do I not memorize scripture? Why do I not want to know more about the One who created me. He only wants me to give Him my time. Why am I so selfish with my time? I only say these things because they are on my heart. I have to shape up and realize how blessed I am to even own a Bible. I should have it open all the time just reading and learning and growing everyday. Yet, I only do it when it's convenient to me. It's not about me. It's about the Lord. It's about giving Him everything. My time, my heart, my soul, my works, everything. It's time for me to stop making it about me. It's time for me to start making it about the Lord. About spending time with Him in His Word so that I can know scripture better. So I can know more stories in the Bible. After everything the Lord has ever done for me. Even dying on a cross. It's the least I can do is give Him what He desires and deserves. Me. All of me. All the time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment