Thursday, August 15, 2013

oh that plane ride…

I was really nervous in the beginning because I just knew I would end up by a smelly, flirtatious man who wore a lot of cologne. Nope, not even close. I ended up sitting by a lady who was a Jehovah  Witness. She asked me where I was going and what I would be doing. At first I thought she might be a Christian because she had a name tag on that said "Speak God's Truth" and her phone that I creeped on while she had it out had bible verses on it. When she asked me why I was going clear across the world for months to work at an orphanage, all I could say was Jesus. She blankly stared at me. I knew then we weren't on the same page. It's strange to me that we are so passionate about our Creator yet she is missing the ultimate part of it. I prayed over her silently. I prayed that Jesus would become so real in her life that all the lies and false teachings wouldn't make sense to her. 

Continuing on…. I landed in Paris, France and was super nervous. I knew I would have to be there for 9-11 hours for a layover and I seriously had the hardest time understanding people. I decided then I probably wouldn't make friends with anyone in Paris. No one likes to be asked what they have said 900 times like I would probably ask them. (huh? what? i'm sorry what did you say? I don't understand. Yeah, that's annoying.) No friends in Par-reee for meee. While I was there sleeping on a bench and feeling like Tom Hanks from that movie where he sleeps in the airport (the name escapes me) I was throughly entertained. Let me inform you on my entertainment.

While I was in Paris, as I was laying on a bench, I got to watch a high school dance team from some part of another country dancing. It was hilarious. I tried to snap chat it and send it to everyone. I had to pay a small fee to use internet all day in the airport but my Facebook only worked for 30 minutes then cut off. Also, another way I was entertained was a man playing a bagpipe. I always see/spot the weirdest things. This man played the bagpipe for a solid hour. What are you doing man? You aren't in Scotland, no one is enjoying it, PLEASE STOP! Oh well, maybe his spiritual gift is playing the bagpipe. (yikes) 

Jesus did give me a HUGE gift while I was in Paris. When I boarded the plane, I sat by a sweet French couple. When the plane took off the pilot came over the intercom and said if you are sitting to the left of the plane look out the window. I was in an isle seat so I leaned over the french couple to join them in the super small window. As our faces are basically smooshed together in the window, the French man pointed and said something super excited in French. I knew I needed to check out whatever he was pointing at. It was the Eiffel Tower all lit up. I am not someone who has a love for Paris or anything to do with Europe but I will tell you, I was freaking out. WOW. What a beautiful site it was to see Paris at night all lit up and looking fabulous. Jesus really blessed my heart so much in that moment. I got to see the beautiful Paris, France, lit up and in the sky. Wow. Such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment