Friday, August 30, 2013

You get in the car on the left side…

So I've had quite the adventures since I wrote last. Sunday I was able to go to church at RIverside Community Church and it was wonderful. I don't get to leave the home very often. Not because they have me hostage here but because we don't have a car. Luckily one of the local volunteers offered to drive myself and two other international volunteers to church. It was nice just to get out and see the city a bit while driving on the opposite side of the road. I will learn one of these days that I don't get in on the side of OUR passengers side. Geez laweez. I try to play it off like I am getting in the back seat but its really awkward when the car doesn't have a back seat door. 
Anyway, I really enjoyed church. It had great contemporary worship, like I am used to. They played familiar songs and some I've never heard. The message was amazing. The associate pastor (who is Cheryl, the Door of Hope's founder) son, really challenged me. He talked about Acts chapter 13-14 and how we should be sharing the Good News way more often than we do. Good grief, isn't that part of our Christian walk? Shouldn't we go and WANT to share the Good News on how the Lord changed our lives. We were lost and going straight to hell and Jesus saved us by taking on all the sins of the world, dying and rising again. Praise the Lord. We had communion and it was just the same as having it in the states. It was just a beautiful day and wonderful to be around other believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment